Flambeau River Papers is one of the most forward-thinking paper manufacturers in North America. This is evident in our strong focus on innovative, sustainable manufacturing practices, dedication to environmental responsibility and commitment to create jobs in the Park Falls area.
The mill has invested over $24 million in energy, process and infrastructure improvements since 2006, showing its pledge to produce quality products with minimal impact on the environment.
In the last five years, the mill capitalized on team member input to fuel process, innovation, and boost operating efficiency. Significant process improvements, equipment upgrades and increased quality assurance checkpoints position Flambeau River Papers as a cutting edge mill.
Our manufacturing operation offers unique advantages:
- 100 percent chlorine-free operation lessens environmental impact
- Several grades of paper made with 30 to 100 percent post-consumer waste
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 compliant for increased quality control
- Forest Stewardship Council and Sustainable Forestry Initiative certifications ensures responsible forestry practices and maintains chain of custody in the supply chain
- Multi-step quality assurance measures for the most consistent quality product
- The whitest quality paper available
A product of the pulping process, we extract lignin for sale to industrial clients in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Lignin is a non-toxic binding agent used in many product applications.